Holzwege / Woody tracks

Pepe und ich sind wieder für 10 Tage in der Zollernalb und im Gegensatz zu Berlin wo man Erhebungen suchen muss gibt es hier meistens nur bergauf und nur bergab und dazwischen gibt es wenig.
Pepe and I are in the Zollernalb area again and on the contrary to Berlin where you have to seek for uprisings here are almost nothing in between, just uphill or downhill.

Steil bergauf
Steep uphill 
Leicht bergab auf glitschigem Untergrund
Slightly downhill with a slippery ground
Und wieder bergauf
Again Uphill

Tatsächlich haben wir zwei auch einen neuen Weg entdeckt. Erst war ich ganz erfreut und am Ende irgendwie gelangweilt und enttäuscht. Der Weg an sich war schön, er führte zu einer Madonna und einem merkwürdigem Denkmal der einem Unfall gedachte. Vielleicht hat mich das ja auch deprimiert. Wie immer spiegelt mich mein kleiner Freund exakt und irgendwann sah das dann so aus.
Besides we found a new path. In the beginning I was pleased and in the end I was bored and disappointed. The path by itself was beautiful, we passed a Madonna and a bizarre memorial which remembered an accident. Maybe that was what me depressed. As always my little friend mirrors me exactly and after a while we looked like this.

Der Kopf hängt, die Füsse schlurfen
The head is hanging, feet are shuffling
Diesen Pfad sind wir noch nie gegangen
We never walked this path

Ein Weg zum flanieren
A way for strolling

Und da wir oben waren, waren wir über dem Bodennebel
Above the ground fog

Unterwegs in der Dämmerung
On the move duringtwilight
Immer wieder lese ich Beschreibungen über Fernwanderwege weil ich sowas gerne mit meinen Ponys wandern möchte. Aber es passiert immer dasselbe, beim Lesen überfällt mich eine Langeweile und ich denke mir 'Lass es lieber'. Ich denke mal das ist mir hier auch passiert. Der Weg den ich gefunden habe war ein Naturlehrpfad incl. historischer Belehrung. Schöne Wege ja, aber das ist es offensichtlich nicht was mich reizt. Und deshalb war ich heute morgen wieder auf meinen 'alten' selbst gefundenen Wegen unterwegs und wir hatten für kurze Zeit eine 'Erleuchtung'.
Again and again I read descriptions about long-distance walking trails, because it is kind of a dream to do that with my Ponys. But while reading I get bored and I come to the conclusion 'Skip it'. And I think that is what happened. The way I found was an educational trail including history information. Beautiful ways indeed, but obviously that's not what attracts me. Therefor this morning I was back o my 'old' tracks, self explored and for a few minutes we had an 'illumination'. 

Morgendliche 'Erleuchtung'
'Illumination' in the morning
Zurück am Schreibtisch habe ich eine alte Postkarte von ShangART gefunden und gestaunt als ich die winzig kleine Beschreibung von der Ausstellung Holzwege entziffert habe.
Back at my desk I found an old postcard from ShangART and was astonished when I decoded the super small letters from the exhibition called Holzwege.
"Wood is an old name for forest. In the wood there are paths, mostly overgrown, that come to an abrupt stop where the wood is untrodden. They are called Holzwege. Each goes its seperate way, though within the same forest. It often appears as if one is identical to another. But it only appears so. Woodcutters and forest keepers know these paths. They know what it means to be on a Holzweg."

Postkarte zur Ausstellung 'Holzwege' in Peking
Postcard to the Exhibition 'Holzwege' in Beijing
Und so bin ich von einem mich langweilenden schön angelegten Waldpfad zu einer Ausstellung in Peking gelangt und erfreue mich am Wortspiel: Auch ich weiß was es bedeutet auf dem 'Holzweg' zu sein.
An so I came from a beautiful hiking way which bored me to an exhibition in Beijing and have now fun on the wordplay: Because I also know what it means 'to be on the wrong track' (Holzweg in German).

Comments

  1. Those trails look like mine did in the Fall... which seems SO long ago & SO far away. Padre & I did get a fun ride in last week when the temperatures skyrocketed, but we are back to blankets in the day, stalls at night, and frozen faces out doing chores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read about your temperatures, Brrrr. It's way to mild here in Germany. Especially Berlin it is a not ending rain. Even the earthworms are drowning, can you imagine this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the trails that go up and down, no flat, that is mostly what we have here! But I love the new word, holzwege. There are so many of those trails in my close forest, and I enjoy knowing most of them. Plus, as a graphic designer who loves typography, I love that postcard design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesterday I told Alexander about your comment and he kind of murmured about a German philosopher and Holzweg. So I looked it up this morning and found out that the reading on the postcard is a quotation from Martin Heidegger. And that the original meaning of 'Holzweg' is that you are lost. Wouldn't that be also a nice Blog name? Yes and here we go: http://holzwege.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts